Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Election

I really enjoyed watching the Great Debate last night, I will admit it was the first time I have actually sat down and given my full attention it. As a Labor supporter I was yelling at the telly like I was watching a footy match instead of political debate, but it really felt good to hear Rudd getting the chance to outline his plan if elected. the PM just looked old and cranky, which certainly distracted me from anything he may have said that i would agree with (little as there is). I especially liked Rudd's answer to questions on the recent tax breaks that have been proposed by both parties. Instead of thrusting more money into our pockets, and ultimately forcing upward pressure on interest rates, Labor would rather invest that money into infrastructure, health and education. I completely agree with this plan and hope they get the chance to carry it out. I would have liked to have seen a larger percentage go into these areas, but i guess they also need to appease the greater public, who like to see quick results, which an extra $50 in the bank will do.

Only a quick post as i have a heap of uni work to plow through.

No comments: